You have 5142 weeks 6 days remaining for the course
Ingesting Feed Content using the Ingestor
Being able to create REAL content on your website with just a feed? That’s POWER and that’s exactly what the Content Ingestor does. Take a feed (that you have copyright access to duplicate content from) pass it through the Ingestor, and you’ll get a new post for each item from the feed….it’s that easy!
To access the Ingestor, navigate to One CMS Tools > Content Ingestor Feeds
This will bring you to the Ingestor listing feeds where you can see all of your existing Ingestor Feeds.
To create a New Ingestor, click the Add Ingestor Feed button.
Setting up a New Ingestor Feed
The New Ingestor Feed screen encompasses a form with a few sections, we’ll go through the section one by one.
First give your Ingestor a Name:
Next you’ll fill out the Attributes section.
- Feed URL: This is the feed that One CMS will create new posts from. (Remember, make sure you can legally use the content in the feed you enter)
- Limit per Request: This is how many NEW stories the Ingestor will pull in. A small number is usually fine, but if the feed has a lot of new content, you may want to make this a larger number.
- Initial Limit: This is how many pieces of content the Ingestor will create the first time it runs (ie. It will give you a backlog of content before it creates new content)
- Author: What One CMS user should show as the author on the content that isn created from the feed.
- Status: What status the created content should be created as. (Publish would the content go live immediately. If you want to moderate the content before publishing, you should set this to Draft).
- Discussion: Turn Comments on or off on newly created Content
- Target: Have the content open in a new window or same window.
Next, select what Categories and / or Tags the content should get published with.
If you are ingesting a Podcast, select the Podcast the audio episode should be attached to.
Manually Mapping XML Feed Fields
If the feed you are ingesting does not follow conventional RSS feed formats, you can manually map the fields in the field to One CMS fields.
Click the Map Manually checkbox….
…and map the feed fields to One CMS fields.
If the feed you are ingesting is a Podcast, click the This is a Podcast Feed checkbox. This will ensure the content is created as Audio Episodes instead of posts.
By default, the mp3 files that are part of the ingested content remain hosted wherever they are in the feed. If you click the Migrate Media to One CMS checkbox, this will upload the mp3 files to One CMS servers and call them from One CMS in the newly created audio episodes.
Setting Expiration Defaults
Using the Post Expirator box, you can set the default Expiration for any content that is created via the Ingestor.
Publishing the Ingestor
Once you are done, click the blue Publish button to save the Ingestor.
Your new Ingestor is created! It will begin creating existing content from the feed using the “Initial Limit” setting. After the first pull of content, it will only create “New” content from the feed.