You have 5142 weeks 6 days remaining for the course
Social Config 0/1
Setting up 2FA for your OneCMS Account
To increase security on your OneCMS account, we offer 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) for all users.
What is 2FA
2FA is an extra layer of security used to make sure that people trying to gain access to an online account are who they say they are. First, a user will enter their username and a password. Then, instead of immediately gaining access, they will be required to provide another piece of information that is sent to a device only they have access to.
What Are the Benefits of 2FA?
Two-factor authentication provides many benefits, including Improved security: By requiring a second form of identification, 2FA decreases the probability that an attacker can impersonate a user and gain access to accounts or other sensitive resources.
Setting up 2FA
2FA is set up individually by each user within their profile. If you have access to multiple sites, it does not matter which site you set it up on, it will be activated for all the sites you log into.
- First, log into OneCMS and Edit your profile.
- Once you are in your profile screen, scroll all the way down to the bottom to the section labeled WP 2FA Settings.
- Click the Configure Two-factor authentication (2FA) button to begin setting it up.
- You will be brought to a setup wizard to configure 2FA on your account.
- The first step is deciding which form of 2FA you want to set up on your account. There are two options:
- Using an Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Having a code emailed to you each time you log in.
Setup with an Authenticator App
When you setup 2FA with an Authenticator app, each time you login, you’ll be asked for a code that is generated from the authenticator app. This ensures that only you can login because the code comes from your personal mobile device. We’ll be showing how to setup with the Google Authenticator app, but we also support the following authenticator apps:
- Google Authentor
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Duo Security
- Okta Verify
- When you first get to the WP 2FA wizard, select One-time code generated with an app of your choice( most reliable and secure) and click Next
Open the Google Authenticator App on your mobile device. Being one of the most popular authentication apps around, Google Authenticator simplifies the process of adding a new account to your app.
- To begin tap the “+” icon in the app home screen in the bottom right corner of the screen.
You’ll now be asked how you want to add the account. Choose Scan Barcode
- Line the mobile device camera up to your computer screen and scan the barcode that the WP 2FA wizard displays.
This will setup the account on your device, but you now need to sync the authenticator app and your 2FA login.
- The 2FA setup wizard will ask for the current code showing in your authenticator app for your OneCMS login to complete the setup.
- The authentication code updates everything 30 seconds so make sure you enter it before it resets.
- Take the code from the authenticator app…
….and enter it into the setup wizard and click Finish
The setup is now complete. However, in case you lose your mobile device or accidentally delete the Authenticator app, you can download backup codes to keep safe (recommended!)
Now each time you log into your account in OneCMS, after you enter your username and password, you then be asked for the Authenticator code. Just open the authenticator app and enter the current code that displays.
Setting up 2FA with Email Codes
Instead of using an authenticator app, you can also setup 2FA to email you an authentication code each time you login to OneCMS.
- When setting up 2FA, select One-time code sent to you over email and click Next.
You’ll be asked which email address you want to use to send authentication codes. Select the email address and click the I’m Ready button.
You will receive an email to the selected account with a setup authentication code.
Enter that code into the 2FA Wizard and click Finish to complete the setup.
The setup is now complete. However, in case you lose access to your email address, you can download backup codes to keep safe (recommended!)
Now each time you log into your account in OneCMS, after you enter your username and password, you will be emailed an authentication code that you will need to enter when logging in to OneCMS.
Modifying or Removing 2FA from your account
You can modify (re-setup authenticator apps or change 2FA types), generate new backup codes or remove the 2FA altogether from your account within your profile.