You have 20 minutes remaining for the course
Voice Skills – Podcasts
Podcasts are just as important as your live stream for much of your audience, so we also offer access to your podcasts via Alexa as well (if you have the associated plan that includes podcasts). Just like Headlines, there are two different plans with Podcasts.
- Single Podcast – Your Alexa skill has access to one podcast from your website.
- Multiple Podcasts – Your Alexa skill has access to multiple podcasts from your website.
To enable a single podcast, just select the podcast name from the dropdown.
- Your audience would use the command “Alexa, ask <skill name> to play the <podcast> podcast”.
- Using the example below, the user would say “Alexa ask <skill name> to play the Anthony Show podcast”
Multiple Podcasts quite simply list all of the podcasts that are active on your site and allows you to enable them on for Alexa or disable them. If a toggle button is not displaying next to the Podcast name, then the podcast was created AFTER the skill was built and they cannot be activated without the skill being rebuilt.
- The podcast invocation name will display next to the Podcast. Your audience would use the command “Alexa, ask <skill name> to play the <podcast invocation> podcast”.
- Using the example below, the user would say “Alexa ask 77 WABC to play the Bernie and Sid podcast”
You’ll note there’s a default podcast as well. If Alexa doesn’t find any episodes in the podcast the user asks for, they will offer to play podcasts from the default podcast.