You have 5142 weeks 6 days remaining for the course
Using the Posting Tools 0/3
Creating Posts 0/2
Creating Pages 0/1
Syndicating Content 0/1
Setting Up Share Bins
Share Bins allow you to share content between websites just by assigning the content to a Category or Push Bin. Once you publish the post, the content will automatically be syndicated out to any site that is associated with the Share Bin.
Setting Up a Share Bin
To setup a Share Bin, make sure that you are a user on both the sending and the receiving site. To set up a Share Bin, the first thing you will need to do is create a specific category or push bin that you would like to use to share content between the two sites.
For example, you might want any content you add to the “Entertainment” Category to be syndicated to all the sites you setup in a Share Bin.
What’s the difference between a Share Bin and a Push Bin?
Share Bins are specifically used to syndicate content between websites. Push Bins can be used for a variety of uses on your website (like having posts show up in a specific Rent Posts Widget or Slider, much like a Category does).
Push Bins and Categories are the taxonomies that also make Share Bins work. When you create a Share Bin, you basically telling the system to perform the following actions:
Any Content I create that is added to a specific Push Bin or Category should be also published on these other specific websites
Setting Up a Share Bin
Once the Push Bin or Category has been set up that you want to activate the syndication of content are in, you will need to go to Settings > Share Bin.
From here you’ll see a section of settings and at the bottom of the screen, the list of recipient websites for each Share Bin you create.
When Creating a Share Group, you’ll need to fill out the following info:
- Taxonomy: This will be either a category or push bin, depending on how you would like to have the sharing setup
- Term: This will be the name of the category or push bin that already exists.
- Transmit Post Category: This option lets you choose whether all categories are shared or only syndicated categories are shared.
- Transmit Post Status: This lets you choose whether the post will automatically publish on the receiving site, or if it will be set to draft for someone at the receiving site to review before publishing.
Once that information has been filled out. You will need to setup the websites to receive the syndicated content. Enter the following information into the text boxes below:
- Address: This is the web address that you want to send your posts to.
- Username: This is the username of someone who is a user on both the receiving and sending sites.
- Password: The password of the user chosen in Step 2.
After filling out that information, click the blue Save Settings button on the bottom left corner.
After saving, and if the information was filled correctly, the Status will display the Authentication as OK. If the authentication has a different message other than OK, please reach out to our
Customer Support team for assistance.
Once you have the Authentication as OK, if the Remote API is blank, click the save button a second time to generate the Remote API. The Remote API will display the WordPress version of the receiving station.
When both Authentication and Remote API are green, everything has been set up correctly. You can now begin sharing content.