You have 20 minutes remaining for the course
App Manager 0/8
Adding Staff Users to Your App
If you have the full-featured advanced OneCMS app for your website, users can upload audio, images and video via the app to your website’s UGC moderation queue. But it also goes one step further: You can assign Staff Users that bypass the UGC Moderation queue and content they upload via the app can get published right to your website instantly. Additionally, they can also send push notifications and send content to Facebook and Twitter during the process of uploading content.
Adding a Staff User to Your App
In the admin area of your station’s website, go to UGC > UGC Settings. On this page you can assign email addresses with staff users. In the Staff (Approved Users) Settings, click the Add Staff button and enter the user’s Name and email address.
- Also set a Default Gallery. This is what will be selected by default to have any images they upload from the app published to (they can change the gallery in the app)
- Only check Notification Tester if you want this user to also receive App pushes that are marked as tests.
- The user will receive a confirmation email letting them know they have been added as a Staff User to your app and their uploads will automatically be approved. However, their setup is not complete yet.
The new user needs to go into the app and follow a few remaining steps:
Staff Users App Login and Verification
The following steps are to be completed by the Staff User in your website’s app.
After opening the app, the new Staff User needs to login to the app and verify their email.
- They can login by following the subscribe prompt that appears when first opening the app to they can go to the Upload area, which will also prompt the user to login.
- When in the upload area, if they are not logged in yet, the screen will look similar to the image below. Click the Subscribe button.
Note: If the user is already logged into the app, they can click on their email address at the top of the upload screen and re-login, this will force the app to cross-check the email address against staff users
They should now enter their email address and click Submit:
- At this point the app will cross-check the email address against the VIP Club. If the email is not yet a VIP Club member, the user will be redirected to signup for the VIP Club.
- After submitting the VIP Club form, click the Done link at the top of the screen. This will bring them back to the App and show them as being logged in.
- The final step is to verify their Staff User email.
- Click the Verify Email link in gray bar at the top of the Settings page.
- This will send an email to the Staff User with a code to enter into the app to complete the Staff User verification.
- Back in the app, enter the verification code from the email.
- Once they have successfully entered the verification code, their email address will now show as Staff and all uploads will bypass the moderation queue. They will also get the ability to send App push notifications to your audience and send links of uploaded videos to Facebook and Twitter.