You have 20 minutes remaining for the course
App Manager 0/8
App Manager – Features
The Features screen in the App Manager is where you enable and configure the various features of your app and what type of content you want included.
The video module controls the configuration of video in your app.
You have three options on what video to use within your app:
- A Youtube Playlist (just videos within a specific playlist)
- An entire Youtube Channel (all videos within a Youtube channel)
- OneCMS Video (if you have this feature)
- If you chose either of the Youtube options, you’ll need to enter your Youtube API key and your Playlist or Channel ID.
- You can also give the title on the app a custom title. If you don’t want to display video at all on your app, uncheck the Show Video widget on home tab
Here’s what it will look like in your app:
Shows & Podcasts
- There are no configurations for Shows. Any show you enter into OneCMS will automatically display in your app and in the show schedule.
- All of your Podcasts will also automatically display in your app. However, you can change the order in which they display and even exclude certain podcasts from displaying in your app.
- To exclude one or more podcasts from the app, click the exclude podcasts dropdown and select the podcast(s) you do not included in your app.
- To change the order of how the podcasts display in the app. Click the Change Podcast Order link. From the ordering interface, you can drag and drop each of your podcasts into the order you want them displayed in the app.
Galleries display on carousel on your app’s homepage.
- Much like podcasts, you can choose a unique title name.
- One difference is that you must choose a category. Only galleries you add to the selected category will display on your app. Since you may have lots of galleries you may not displayed on your app, this makes it so you can decide what goes on your app as you create each gallery.
- Much like we covered in podcasts, you can exclude specific galleries and change the display order as well.
- You can enable and disable the ability for your audience and staff to upload content to your website via the app.
The Events module allows you to configure any Events you have entered in OneCMS.
- You can enable and disable Events on your app using the Enable Events checkbox.
- You can customize the title.
- Only events you add to the selected category will display on your app. Since you may have lots of events you may not displayed on your app, this makes it so you can decide what goes on your app as you create each event.
- You can also turn on and off the carousel on your homepage which displays events.
If your stream provides a history of songs that played, that can be displayed in your app by checking the Enable Recently Played checkbox.
- It would look similar to this in your app (clicking the see more link will show a longer listing in a new view):
Message The Station
- The Message the Station feature allows your audience to send notes to the station via the app.
- The messages the station receives will be listed in OneCMS backend within the Message Inbox, which is located under OneCMS Tools > Message Inbox
- You enabled and disable the ability for your audience to send messages by checking the Enable Message the Station checkbox.
The Subscription module allows you to choose the VIP Club form used in the app when your users sign up for your VIP Club.